Makes about 12 pancakes (but recipe easily doubles or triples!)
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 T. sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 c. buttermilk*
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 c. blueberries or favorite (small or chopped) berries (fresh or frozen)
1. Combine first 7 (dry) ingredients in a medium bowl.
2. Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
3. Heat a nonstick griddle to medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.Use ¼ cup measuring cup to spoon batter onto griddle. Add berries (if frozen—no need to thaw!).
4. Be patient! They take longer than regular pancakes. Turn them over gently when the tops are covered in bubbles; cook until bottoms are lightly browned (like caramel).
Delicious when served with with yogurt and maple syrup. Enjoy!
*if you don’t have buttermilk, use 1-2 % milk, then sour with 1 T. lemon juice