- 1 pkg. jumbo pasta shells
- 2 eggs
- 30 oz. of ricotta cheese
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 pkgs. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 onion, chopped and lightly sauted
- ½ c. chopped fresh parsley or 2 T. dried
- 1 T. each dried basil and oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups of your favorite tomato sauce (great to add more herbs to jarred sauce, esp. fresh basil!)
you can also add mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, sausage crumbles, fresh herbs, etc.
Cook jumbo shells al dente according to package directions, drain and set aside. Be careful when removing from pot—they tear easily!
Thaw spinach in microwave, squeeze to remove all excess water. Let cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In medium bowl beat eggs lightly, Stir in ricotta, mozzarella, ¾ c. Parmesan, spinach, onion and all herbs. Make sure it is evenly mixed (your may need to use your hands to unclump the spinach).
Spoon about 2 T. mixture into each shell.
Smear ¼ c. sauce on bottom of 9×13 Pyrex to prevent sticking. Arrange pasta shells cozily in the pan, top with pasta sauce.
Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sometimes we add mozzerella to the top for the last 10 minutes!
- Makes about 6-8 servings. (you can easily half or quarter the recipe for smaller portions).